Monday, June 29, 2009

Quevedo, Pauleene D.

1. How was your first week of stay at MCL?

My first week of stay in MCL was so fun. I met new friends, and get to know them more each and every day. But the "not so good" part in MCL was, the topics were discussed in a very short time, and there are so many works to do in a day- I guess that's common in college; i just need to adjust.

2. Describe your professors. What are traits do you find positive in each one?

I think our professors are very dedicated with their work. They really want us to learn and absorb what they're teaching us. And they really are complying with the mission and vision of MCL.

3. Describe your block mates/section. What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of your section?

My block mates were kind and sociable.
The strength of our section, i think, is the unity in us. We easily agreed in each others ideas. And I think the weakness in our section is the "happy-go-lucky" type of manner we had, we cram in making homework; we usually do it in school before the class had start.

4. How do you find your courses? Which ones do you think are easy and which ones do you think are a little bit challenging? Why?

I find it difficult because there are many math subjects we'll encounter in the next semester and some of us will take board exam. Lucky me, I'm not gonna take that exam because COE does not require board exam anymore.
COE, i think, is the easiest of all engineering courses, and the chemical engineering for me, is the most challenging of all. Why? Because i dislike physics and chemistry, i hate physics calculations and so many formulas; I'm not good at it. =)

5. Do you have any adjustment you feel you are going through or must go through? What are they? Cite examples in terms in your academics, emotions, and social environment.

In academics, I think, i must adjust w/ the discussion. I find it so fast; topics were discussed in a very short time. So i think i must be more attentive in listening and i must jot down notes so that I can review what our professor had discussed at home.
In social environment, off course, i need to be more friendly. I really am a loner, i don't usually hang out w/ a group of people. But i find it so boring. "no man is an island." - I need to have friends, no one can survive college w/o friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment